Living with pain or discomfort, whether emotional or physical takes a toll on us. Your life may have become affected in many ways: you may no longer able to do tasks that you used to, enjoy life in the same way, your sleep may be disturbed, and your mood may have changed. You may be experiencing stress, anxiety, or pain. Emotions such as irritability, sadness, worry, fear, overwhelm, or grief may overwhelm you. Your condition may be so chronic that you no longer even remember how it feels to feel good. You probably don’t want medications or surgery to feel better again. If you are looking for an effective, safe, natural alternative, acupuncture can help you. In most cases, you can have a better quality and a more fulfilling life. My goal is to help you feel better overall.
Acupuncture is a 3,500 year old, highly effective system of healthcare. The Ancient Chinese recognized the existence of an energy in the body which plays an important role in the functioning and health of our whole being. It has a direct impact on our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. This energy is called “qi” (pronounced “chee”), and it moves through the body in energetic channels known as meridians.
When the qi is moving disharmoniously, imbalance begins to surface in the form of specific symptoms. To address the underlying cause of a condition, these symptoms are viewed in relationship to the totality of a person. The gentle insertion of hair thin filaments at specific points along the channels of chi energy helps restore harmony. The points on the body can be used to build us up where we are depleted, and calm things down where there is too much. In the presence of this subtle yet profound intervention, symptoms resolve and patients frequently experience renewed vitality.
- Acupuncture restores health and fosters the body’s own natural healing ability.
- Acupuncture treats the underlying cause verses treating symptoms
- Acupuncture is an effective and safe way to feel better, with very few side effects (chances of minor bruising, very slight bleeding.)
- Acupuncture is a highly preventative form of medicine which helps you to stay well, preventing disease in the future.
- Acupuncture works with energy in the body called “qi.” It brings it back into balance and removes blockages, re-enforcing the body’s own natural healing ability.
- There is help for a great variety of conditions. Anxiety, depression, fatigue, headaches/ migraines, pain conditions and women’s issues can usually be helped through the use of acupuncture. For a more complete list, see the “Conditions Acupuncture Treats” page on this web site.
- I treat people with acupuncture in a holistic way—meaning addressing the whole person; physically, emotionally, and mentally (focus, memory, concentration, mind running on) and spiritually. Emotions can create physical disease. You no longer have to feel stuck in frustration, overwhelm, sadness, or grief.
- One of the biggest differences with western medicine is that Acupuncture integrates body, mind and spirit within its understanding of health and disease. The different “complaints” that we have are connected and not separate as in western medicine.
Just imagine what your life would be like if your issues were resolved. Studies have shown that people who regularly receive acupuncture feel more peaceful, have less frustration, have the freedom to have a pain free life, more happiness, more fulfilling relationships, better sleep, less medicines, and for some people it becomes a natural solution to avoiding surgery. Whenever we come back into balance, symptoms of all sorts can disappear.
If you are saying to yourself that you are tired of being in pain or just not feeling well, I invite you to see what we can do together for you to be helped and gain benefit from what I offer. I help my clients to feel better overall and stay healthier.
Maybe you have wondered what you can do to finally feel better. You may be new to acupuncture, may have had it in the past, or know someone who has tried it. This proven and ancient way of healing will help you to feel better.
I would be happy to speak with you to answer any questions and or discuss your treatment goals. Call or contact
Sara Elijah M.Ac. L.Ac. M.Div.
I am a preferred provider most major health insurance networks. Flex spending and health savings accounts can be used.